- Backlight: In low-light conditions, the backlight makes the
screen easy to read
- Standby screen: The standby screen displays the time of
day/date or no display.
- Time of Day and Day/Month: The time of day and the date
display whether the pager is on or off
- Low Battery Indicator: When battery power reaches low level,
low cell is displayed, prompting you to change battery. All
pagers alerts change to two seconds in length.
- Automatic Alert Reset: The pager alerts automatically stop,
even if no buttons are pressed.
- Personal Alarm: This alarm can be set to alert you. The alarm
works even when the pager is off.
- Reminder Alert: The pager chirps or vibrates every two minutes
until you read all unread messages.
- User Selectable Audible alerts: A selection of five alert
tones give you a choice of message alerts heard when you are
paged in the audible alert mode D.
- Duplicate Messages: If the same message is received more than
once, duplicate sign is displayed at the beginning of the latest
message. This message contains the latest timestamp and prevents
a repeated message from taking an extra memory slot.
- Message Erase: Messages can be erased all at once or
selectively at your choice to free space in memory.
- Memory Retention: All messages remain in memory, even when the
pager is off and while the battery is being replaced.
- Memory Capacity: The NP-88 FLEX pager can store up to sixteen
20-character messages, for a total of 320 characters.
- Message Protect: You can protect up to eight messages stored
in the pager memory.
- Overflow: Overflow is displayed when more unread messages are
received than the available message memory can hold. After you
read all of your unread messages, the standby screen is
- Timestamp: The time and the date of a message received are
displayed on the screen after each message.